Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Found Treasures: We're Big Fans

Life should never be taken too seriously.  I like to think of decorating the same way.  For us, we want our house to be comfortable, lived in, fun and cozy.   


We aren't going to run out and buy the most expensive, coolest new thing for our house. Sometimes found treasures, someone else's hand me downs, the things with history and a story to tell are the most fun and interesting ones.  


We like to to adorn our house with those kinds of things.  Well, I should again say "I". I am pretty sure Alan could do without any "adorning" of our house, but he also wants to make our house feel "homey", so, I translate that into "find some cool, previously loved things to adorn our house." 


With the help of my Mom (Thanks for having the time to do my antiquing and yard sale shopping for me!), I have this sweet little fan in the office/craft room.  


Isn't she a doll? I simply love her, and best of all, she still works!


She's the perfect shade of blue


And fits quite nicely on my work table.


Thanks for the perfect found treasure Mom! 

2 comments:

  1. Seriously mom just needs to open her own little antique shop bc I love everything she finds that you have! Awesome fan! And awesome shots of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the shout out and I do love the fan, it really looks good, can't wait to see the rest of your "craft/office".

    ReplyDelete