Tuesday, April 12, 2011

All in the Family

Last month, Mpix, where I get all of my large photos and canvases printed, was having a print sale.  Yippee! I knew just what I wanted to get printed.  A family photo. 


And, I knew just where I wanted to hang it.  Here, above our little desk in the living room.  You might remember this little corner from Christmastime, with our wreath and red chair.  


Well, a while back, on a shopping trip to Target I came across a ton of frames on clearance. I have been hanging onto them until I found just the right photo for them.  They weren't regular sizes (all poster frames), so I had to work a little faux matte magic in photoshop. 


But, for less than five bucks, I didn't mind a few extra seconds of computer work.


Conveniently, Mpix ships their photos attached to cardboard, so it was pretty much the easiest fix imaginable. I had to order a 20x24 photo and cut it down to an 18x24 to fit my frame. You can see here how I simply added a little extra white space around my photo to give it that matted feel, without bothering with actually making or buying a custom matte. 


So, for about $25, we have a really great family photo gracing our walls.


This photo was taken the day before our wedding in New York City. It's probably one of my favorites from the whole trip.  I am sad that Alan's sister and her family aren't in the photo, but we almost got everyone in - so, I am counting it as a win!


Here's the photo, if you want a better look at it. It was cold, even though everyone looks awfully happy, and warm! (sort of)....
  

2 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love this pic as well and yes we were very cold but it was sooooo worth it. Had such a great time and people are still talking about that awesome wedding. Wouldn't change a thing it was perfect !!!!!

    ReplyDelete