Friday, April 22, 2011

Mother Dearest

Mother Earth, that is.  
If you didn't know, today is Earth Day.  I sat at work all day, in my studio with no windows, staring at my computer. Working, working, working.  

I didn't get to enjoy much of our Mother Earth today. However, when I arrived home, I had a little present waiting for me.

My first issue of Organic Gardening!  A while back Katie shared a great Amazon deal she found and I had to snatch it up. 

I mean, would you let this beautiful magazine pass you by?
Well, probably, if you didn't like playing in the dirt as much as I do. But, I simply can't get enough of sprucing up our yard.  I get such satisfaction out of cultivating our surroundings.

But, as you can see, I didn't get one issue, but TWO! Oh yea, today is a good day.  I think it was a sign, from Mother Earth herself:  Go. Grow things!  
I can't wait to dive into them.  Look at the beauty on these pages.

The photographer in me is loving it already. Nature is so beautiful. I can't get enough.  

After a quick millisecond flip-thru of the magazine I became one with nature as I watered our plants.  Look who has come back for a visit this year.  

I had nightmares that the hydrangeas we planted last year wouldn't come back because of our super cold winter, but they made it through and are going strong.

Hopefully one day they will look like this. Ours aren't green unfortunately, but maybe we'll try to tweak our soil's pH to achieve that look someday.


Off to learn how to grow delicious beans. Cheers to Mother Earth, she's the only one we have. Lets remember to treat her well! 

1 comment:

  1. We celebrated Earth Day here in the mountains as Jed thinks he is an expert mountain climber now! (They are actually just large rocks in my parent's yard!) Thanks for reminding us to be thankful for what we have! Enjoy your new magazine!

    ReplyDelete